What's better than a comforting chocolate dessert to get through the winter? Juliette introduces us to her Chocolate Pound Cake recipe, prepared in only fifteen minutes!
The pound cake, gâteau quatre-quarts in French, is a cake of Breton origin. Why fourth quarters? Simply because it consists of a quarter of a cup of 4 ingredients: flour, eggs, sugar and butter! A simple cake, but oh, how delicious!
Juliette shares her personal version of this classic pastry which is, of course, highly chocolatey! Follow the steps in this short video and enjoy with your friends and family! Bon Appétit!
- 250 ml (1 cup) of flour
- 190 ml (3/4 cup) of cocoa
- 60 g (2 oz) of milk chocolate drops or chopped
- 85 ml (1/3 cup) of milk
- 250 g (1 cup) of salted butter
- 250 ml (1 cup) of sugar
- 1/4 cup (65 mL) of brown sugar
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) of vanilla
- 5 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 ° F, and coat a rectangular cake pan (approx 4 by 8 inches)
- Melt chocolate and butter together in the microwave
- Heat up the milk and mix it with the chocolate.
- Add the cocoa and stir it well. Then, add the two sugars.
- Add the eggs one by one, then add the flour.
- Pour the mixture into the mold and bake for about an hour, until the top is slightly cracked. Test it by Inserting a knife until it comes out clean.
To get our milk chocolate drops, it's HERE